I’ve decided to move the page called What Are We Gonna Eat over to a post. That way each week when I update my menu you’ll be able to see it without checking a separate page. For those who’ve never visited this page, let me explain a little. I have found that planning a weekly menu is not only enjoyable to me ( I know some people HATE doing it) but also very money saving. So I figured I’d share with you what we’re eating. Feel free to steal ideas and recipes. Here’s some of my guidelines:
- Whenever possible I’ll have a link to a recipe, if there isn’t one and you are dying to know how to make something I mention, just leave me a comment, with your email address, and I’ll gladly send it to you.
- I will usually plan five meals. That allows for a day of eating leftovers and for changes in plans. If I plan a meal and we don’t eat it one week, I’ll move it to the next week.
- I try to chose lost cost and healthy, low fat meals. There are, of course exceptions so don’t just assume that if I list it it’s healthy. 🙂
- I get a LOT of my recipes from www.allrecipes.com if you’ve never visited this sight I suggest you do so.
- I usually chose one meal each week that does not have meat. Even if they don’t have meat they will usually have an alternate source of protein and iron so don’t rule them out just because they are vegetarian. My husband eats them and I promise he’s not wasting away!
- I’d love to hear your comments on recipe I mention that you’ve tried.
So, without further adieu…our weekly menu:
Monday: Roasted Chicken Thighs with baked sweet potatoes and green beans.
Tuesday: Baked Shrimp with rice pilaf and spinach
Wednesday: Meatball sandwiches
Thursday: Homemade Chicken Artichoke pizza
Friday: Tomato Soup with Asiago Cheese and Grilled Cheese and Tomato sandwiches